Income Tax Refund | Here’s how to pre-validate a bank account to receive an income tax refund
Here’s how to pre-validate a bank account to receive an income tax refund | Photo credit: PTI
New Delhi: If your bank account is not pre-validated on the portal, you will not get the overdue income tax refund. This way we will tell you how, sitting at home, you can easily check whether your bank account is in pre-validation or not. You can also do it pre-validated in a few steps.
The Income Tax Department only issues electronic refunds from May 1, 2019. Tax refunds are only credited to PAN-linked bank accounts and are also pre-validated on the electronic filing website. ‘income tax.
How to check if the bank account is pre-validated – After logging into your account on the income tax portal, click on the option My profile and then select My bank account. On the screen, you will see bank accounts, which are pre-validated. The bank account selected to receive an income tax refund on your behalf will also be displayed.
How to pre-validate a bank account
– First, log into your account on the new Income Tax Portal
– Now select the My profile option. To do this, you must click on your name on the right
– now select My bank account. After that, select “Add Bank Account”.
– Then fill in the details
– Bank account number, type of account, type of account holder, IFSC
– Once the IFSC details are added, the name of the bank and the contact details of the bank branch will be automatically added
– this information must be cross-checked Do it You will also see on the screen the mobile phone number and the e-mail address linked to your bank account
– Then click on the Validate option
– Once successfully validated, your bank account will be automatically added to your profile
– Can create an account on the e-filing portal to get income tax refund
To check if the account is pre-validated or not, click on the three dots to the right of the box indicating the name of the bank.
Now select Show bank details. Now a dialogue box will appear on the screen. It will contain information such as the date the validation request was submitted, whether the bank account is validated or not, and the date it was pre-validated.