Bank employees donate blood to the National Blood Transfusion Service

DTB Communications and Marketing Manager Sylvester Bahati said that in addition to the commemoration, the event was about giving back to the community.

“We all know that every June 14 the world celebrates World Blood Donor Day and that is why we are here today. Our goal is to use at least ten hours a year to give back to the community. We have donated this blood to help children, mothers and other needy groups in hospitals as part of our corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy,” he said.

He said people should see the essence of blood donation, because they are the ones who should voluntarily reduce blood deficiency.

He added: “National Blood Transfusion Service (NBTS) records indicate that the donation meets only 30% of the blood needed, I hereby urge the community to see the need to donate the remaining 70% to save lives. .”

Mariam Juma, NBTS East Zone Welfare and Social Officer, thanked the DTB’s decision to support the government’s initiative to reduce blood deficiency in hospitals.

“We appreciate the bank employees’ decision to support the government’s initiative to offer safe blood to different categories of patients,” she said.

“We acknowledge their contribution to this event as the blood is destined to serve the lives of many, including mothers in labor, victims, children and patients attending surgeries. We thank the compassionate and loving action of DTB to patients in need,” she said.

Sylvester said that DTB sticks to three concepts when it comes to CSR, namely environment, education and health.

Recently this month, DTB employees spent one of the weekends cleaning up Coco Beach along the Selander Bridge to commemorate World Oceans Day 2022.

In 2019, DTB donated mattresses to Dhi Nureyn Orphanage in Iringa Municipality as part of the bank’s initiative to give back to the community.

Comments are closed.